The Perfect Catch

Courtesy of 20th Century FoxCaught this movie with Mydaemon on Sunday. Been a long time since a nice romanc comeday came our way. The Perfect Catch is a movie about the relationship between a crazy high-school teacher cum fanatical Red Sox fan - Ben Wrightman (Jimmy Fallon) and type-A go-getter Lindsey Meeks (Drew Barrymore).

The movie does a pretty good job in parodying real-life relationships between men who are obsessed with a certain sporting team, and women, who are generally clueless as to why their men are so crazy about a bunch of people who don't even know they - the men - exist.

Perfect Catch is a movie I can closely emphatise with since I am very much like Ben in real life. Having been a Liverpool supporter since their glory days in the mid-1980s, I have rooted for them since. The advent of cable TV did not help since every Saturday night is THE night for football. You can imagine the times I have to wrench myself from home spend time with Mydaemon on weekends. Don't read this wrong. I enjoy the times I am out with Mydaemon when 'live' matches of Liverpool are shown on cable. But I'd be lying if I say that no part of me would like to rush home and catch the match.

Lastly, I chose the photo above since it is just like a snapshot of Mydaemon and I in bed. Looking at the picture, I can see myself reading some trashy novel while Mydaemon sharpens her mind with books of wisdom by the cutting edge thinkers. This is indeed a case of art imitating life, or is it the other way round?