My Home on Google Earth
Having heard so much about Google Earth, I decided to download it and check it out. After fiddling it with for a while, I actually found out that there's a satelite image of my home. I ain't gonna say where my home is actually located except that it can be found in the north-east area of the photo below. Do try out Google Earth. It's fun to locate the location of your home in it. Have fun!

  • i think this whole google earth thing is scary!!!

    yikess!!!

  • Really? I think it's cool. Although there's arugment that it could be abused.

    Have yet to explore its full potential. But I had to manually search for my home based on my knowledge of Singapore. So, no worries about keying in an address getting Google Earth to zoom in on the house. Don't think it is that powerful yet.

  • My dad plays with this google earth thingy every night. He painstaking searches out all the major landmarks around the world. Once he even showed me Saddam Hussein's Palace once! But he said that some sensitive locations are "blocked" e.g. the new airforce in Changi. But our office not blocked. Obviously not sensitive enough :)

  • OH my gawdddd..this is soo freaky! I think the terrorists must be having a ball of a time plotting our their next concievable target. I better start planning to move underground.

  • Terrorists are a bothersome bunch. They are one reason holding back human development. Look how they have instilled fear even in the deployment of an online GPS mapping tool, which could potentially help humans understand Island Earth better.

  • "bothersome bunch" is an understatement but I like your sense of proportion. Terrorists are not the only threat in this world.

  • My theory = the more technology evolves and advances, the more evil deeds evil humans commit.

  • Indeed, technology is a double-edged sword. I, for one, always believe that science can do so much more good if used for common good.