Cabled and Liberated Finally, Mydaemon and I have free our Mediacorp's shackles by subscribing to Starhub Cablle TV. While I have cable TV at my place for years now, Mydaemon, who conforms to the mantra that too much TV stupefies a person, has not joined the bandwagon last weekend. Well, we have been meaning to 'cable-up' her place since I have been whining about missing Liverpool matches over the weekends for years. Guess the whining paid off. Anyway, I am more than willing to foot the bill. Moreover, the box-set will move with us when our new home is ready. So, in the interim period, it will provide entertainment for Mydaemon, her family and me. Fixing up the box-set was a breeze. It was as simple as wiring it up to the TV and cable point. And voila, you have cable TV. Being the impatient person that I am, I immediately surfed the channels, hoping against all hope that we will get instant access. Well, you can't fault me for having this expectation especially when we have already done an upfront payment for the first month's subscription. Were disappointed in the end as the channels really took 48 hours to activate. Tonight will be the first night that our cable subscription will be put to good use. Yes, I am talking about the 'live' telecast of the Champions League match between Chelsea and Liverpool. Although Channel 5 is also screnning the match, I prefer watching it on SCV as they provide the original commentary from Europe. Which is by far of a better standard than our local commentators. The latter always going into long lapses of silence and funny comment. Listening to the locals is a real bore. Hope Liverpool does well tonight.

  • Cable TV is evvviiill. Once you have it, you cannot imagine life without it. (or more specifically, TV without it)

  • It is a necessary evil. :)

    Have to agree with you that TV has never been the same since cable came to Singapore.

    Despite the choices, I still find myself channel surfing aimlessly pretty often. Thankfully, I have the ever ready Xbox to provide the entertainment when the goggle box fails.

  • So what channels have you subcribed to? Yes, life without cable is unimaginable. I watch nothing but that now. Terence only watches the sports channel as well...The Liverpool vs Chesea match was disappointing....I hate 0-0 kinda matches

  • We got the "All Time Favourite" package.

    It consists of 4 Basic Groups (News, Education, Chinese Infortainment and the group that is made up of Hallmark etc). VV Entertainment. Sports. Star Movies.

    Yeah, I was disappointed with a 0-0 scoreline. Even a 1-1 draw would have been good. At least there's goals to look at.