New on the PA System - 大长今 OST The music and songs in the Korean drama 大长今 (Da Chang Jin) is really well composed and written. While I have no idea what the lyrics is about, the tone and tune of the main theme is a very touching piece. It kindles in me a feeling of challenges, dreams, hope, love and peace. Don't ask me where I get all these feelings from, but I just innately feel them whenever the 长今 faces a new ordeal or tribulation, or when she shares a happy moment with Ming Zheng Hao, or even when she's slicing away in the Imperial Kitchen. Having vowed not to spend too much money on CDs in recent years, I decided to get myself a copy of the 大长今 OST yesterday. My only other Korean OST being that of My Sassy Girl, I have full confidence that the OST for the hit drama should not disappoint. And it sure didn'tdisappoint. The music is exactly what I hear on every expisode. A flood of memories and scenes hit me when a particular track is played. It's really an enjoyable CD. In fact, it's still playing on my PC now, having ripped it into my mediaplayer. I like the Chinese version of the theme - 娃娃. The translated version was meaningful as the lyrics spoke of 长今's longing for her parent, who she lost at a very young age. I found this line especially meaningful, "想爸爸,想妈妈,想要回家". In the context of the drama, you will understand this deep sense of longing. While no tears are welling in my eyes, but I feel this warm fuzzy feeling deep in me. Better stop here.

  • Yes, agreed. The music is really well-composed. It totally enhances the experience of watching the drama. It's the first time I heard the Chinese version today. It's so meaningful. :)

  • Have been playing the CD in office. The more I listen to it, the more touched I am by the song 'Wa Wa'.

  • Have never been a fan of Korean Drama series...movies ok...cried buckets in My Sassy Girl 1&2 (more in 2 actually). Da Chang Jin is so well-acclaimed I have decided to borrow the DVD from my fren. But I wasn't too impressed with it on Cable when I watched the bits and pieces...The main character is ok..she is really good...but the rest of the "Care Leh Fair" are terrible...acting too exaggerated??