A Walk in Labrador Park Last Sunday, Mydaemon, her parents and I made a trip to Labrador Park. Actually it was Mydaemon's parents idea to take a walk in the park. Well, the weather looked, and felt, really hot then. But we tagged along anyway. Upon reaching the park, we realised that the temperature was more than hot, it was searing! Anyway, this being my first trip to the park, I had no idea what to expect. Frankly, after reading some articles on the place, I was expecting to see an interesting shoreline that supports unique marine/swamp life. However, I was disappointed to see an artificial concrete shoreline with breakwaters, typical of our highly urbanised landscape. The only interesting thing to me was the number of anglers trying their luck there. From what I observed, none of the anglers managed to catch anything while I was there. Perhaps it was too hot a day for the fishes. Had my trusty Cannon G2 along for the trip. So, here's some of the shots I took during the long and hot walk. Here's what you get when the sun is behind you. Didn't I tell you that the sun is hot! Btw, doubt you need to geuess that the shadow with the trunk-like thighs are mine. Hmmm... time to lose some flab. There's lots of greenery, apart from pesky mosquitoes, at Labrador. Not sure what's the name of this plant. But I like the fact that they have huge leaves. Nice green colour too. Interesting motifs of marine life can be found strewn along the footpath in the park. Think this is a squid, which we commonly call the 'sotong'. To visit this park, you can take bus service 408 from the Harbourfront Bus Interchange. The service runs only on the weekends, can't remember if it runs on public holidays. Be forewarned that the frequency is one bus per hour.