New Addition to Side-bar I have just added another category to my ever-expanding sidebar. Called the 'Important D-Days', the section basically counts down to several important dates to me. Especially useful is the number of days to the next public holiday, something which every Singaporean looks forward to. Then there is the countdown to the completed of our (Mydaemon and I) dreamhome sometime in Nov this year. So, lots of stuff to look forward to. Lastly, I had a blast by creating a counter for counting down to my retirement sometime in 2036. According to the timer, I have to slog another 11,446 more days before I can kick off my shoes and relax at home. The good thing is that the 11,000 plus days include weekends, holidays and of course the very precious annual leave. Hopefully, I can cut short on this and update my targeted retirement day as and when I think I can afford it. Stay tuned!

  • Woah. I see some uplifting and depressing figures. Warm wishes for both of you for your dream home. You guys must be real thrilled. Err, but the retirement countdown isn't exactly encouraging, is it? But I must say you are a far-sighted and sturdy planner.

  • Thanks. We are really looking forward to our next phase of life together.

    While the retirement countdown ain't as inspiring as one would liked it to be. But I look at it as reminding me that life is short and that we should make the best use of each day that ticks away.

    As for being a far-sighted planner, I'd rather say that I am kiasu. :)