A Tribute to My Cubicle My desk in front of me is totally clear of stuff. A first since the turn of the year. Gone are the AIA calendar, the caculator, hole-puncher, my favourite blue extra-strength stapler, post-it pads, CDs and dictionary. Gone too is the african violet which adorns the desk behind me. A pang of sadness touches me as I survey my once messy, but always cosy, work area. Packed and shipped to my new office someplace in Chinatown, they await my hand to unpack them and bring them into light again. Yes, the time has come to say goodbye. Just like the closing line for the classic Mickey Mouse programme which I watched in my younger days, I am saying goodbye to a place where I spent at least 8 hours everyday since 2001. I will need the familiar sounds of people chatting around me as I worked. Even the annoying vacuuming sound emited from the shredder machine doesn't sound that bad now. Going to a place with windows facing another office block, I will miss the green vista which greets me everyday. The only greenery there will be my little pot of plant. Better that than all the concrete. Tomorrow is my last day at the current office. You can say that I am a sentimental fool to be so attached to the surrounding. A fool that I am. If there's one memory which I want want to take with me, then its the memory of me meeting my wife. Although we met earlier in another place, it was at my current office where our relationship blossomed. Come tomorrow, I will be adieu to a wonderful workspace which has given me so much professionally and personally over the 5 years. Thanks for everything!