Day 2 - Settling In My second day in the new office has been a breeze. Still nothing much to do. No fires to fight. No inane issues to work on. Taking advantage of the lull, I spent most of the time preparing myself for the real work. Come to think of it, I have not been so involved in work since I started working in 1999. Has it been that long since my blood stirred for work? Tucked away in the corner is my office. A nice little room which I am starting to infuse my character into it. Hopefully, it doesn't turn into the pigsty that was my old office. Having one's own room is really great! If it is possible, I would wish that everyone out there can have their own room. But that ain't gonna happen. Guess I will enjoy this state of affairs as long as I can before I am dropped back into the world of office cubicles. Although this is only my second day at work, I have this one observation to make. Unlike the first time I stepped into the working world, my move to the new department doesn't feel like a move. Yes, the people around me are strange faces, and the physical surroundings have all change. However, the impact of all these changes are hardly felt. It was more like a change of environment and work functions. Other than that, I don't feel anything at all. Wonder if it has something to do with my age or my past work experience. Am not complaining or anything. A smooth transition is always better than a rough one. Will update again if anything interesting happens to me. Till then, I will just lower the blinds, turn on the radio, dim the lights and invite sandman for tea.

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 215   Newer›   Newest» «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 215   Newer› Newest»