National Library I have spied the spanking new National Library from the corner of my eyes each time I passed by this glass and steel structure. Compared to the old red brick dame along Stamford Road, this new National Library is the essense of the soulness modernity which surrounds us today. Don't get me wrong, I think the architecture is beautiful. But it looks just like another building down the road in Shenton Way or in a city like Tokyo, London etc. There's simply no character. Anyway, I still took a few shots of the building since I liked its simple lines. Here they are.

Another shot taken just before Mydaemon and I stepped into the hallowed halls of knowledge and wisdom.

Loved the vivid colours of this sculpture just outside the main entrance of the library.

Anyway, let me tell you that the new National Library is damn huge! Tell the truth, Mydaemon and I spent around 3-4 hours just looking for books in the loan section at basement one. There's at least another 5-6 levels of stuff waiting to be explored at the higher levels. Guess that's another adventure for another time.