I miss my Blog Yes, it has been 2 weeks since I last laid eyes on my blog. Doesn't feel that long to me since I have been up to my neck with housing stuff and the wedding. Caught up with the happenings with the rest of my fellow bloggers via their blogs. Glad to see that they are all alive and kicking. My life is just a blur of making arrangements for deliveries and running all over Singapore looking for the furniture to make my house a home. Glad to say that the effort made were well rewarded. I am happy with all the stuff delivered to my place so far. The only disappointment is perhaps the microwave oven with the biggest and fattest arse I ever seen. Darn! But it still serves it purpose lah. For that I forgive it for it big ass. Apart from these mundane happenings, Mydaemon and I have been attending the Marriage Preparation Course conducted by the Catholic Church. Being the lazy, skeptical and efficient me, I was not really interested in it. But marrying in the church requires a certificate, a la COE style, for the non-Catholic partner, we have no choice but to sign up for this course. Conducted at my old school, SJI, the talks were pretty ok lah. Nothing new that I have not heard of. But there are still gems of wisdom in the sessions we have attended. Perhaps the one thing that caught my imagination thus far is that fact that, "Love is not a feeling", but "A Decision". Hmmm, being the slow ponderous thinker, this statement baffled me for a while till good old Mydaemon enlightened me. And who says that guys aren't creatures of logic. Whatever. Anyway, I think love is in itself a feeling. But the act of loving another person is a decision. Love doesn't just well up at the sight of a loved one. If that's the case why do we feel anger, hurt, jealousy, among other feelings, even when we relate to our loved ones. Yes, love is a conscious decision, a reality that has been lost through countless celluloid depictions of this venerable emotion in Hollywood. I, for one, can attest to the above. On many occasions when I don't feel all lovey dovey to Mydaemon, a contest of wills take place in my mind. On one side, my mind is telling me that I am a nasty person if I take the hurtful way of handling things. On the other side is the prompting to do it the loving way, even though ego is bruised and pride is hurt. I have to admit that on many occasions I chose the hurtful way of doing things. For that, I am very sorry. But as I grow older, the strength to do the right things is stronger. Is it because the root of our love has taken a stronger hold of my heart? Or is it because I learnt from experience? I sincerely hope it is the former.