Million Dollar Baby You must be wondering why I am titling this post based on an old Oscar's favourite just when the event just passed us by recently. Well, I had the good fortune of catching this movie when Star Movies decided to showcase some Oscar-winning movies in the lead up to this year's event. I never thought much of Million Dollar Baby since I am never a fan of Clint Eastwood or his zillion lines of wrinkles. Somehow I just wasn't interested in the movie. Maybe it's the title or the movie poster. But I am glad that my prejudice against it did not stop me from viewing it when it was screened on the small screen. I am not going to write a synopsis of the movie. It is a good movie. As simple as that. What touched me was the theme, or message, that the director - Eastwood, was trying to convey to the audience. I find it very hard to put it into words. Basically, it's about dreams, risk and being satisfied with one's effort. The last being the most enlightening. Before I lose everyone, what I want to say is that we always strive to be better in whatever we do. We try, try and try harder to be better. Personally, I feel that this neverending quest is tiring. I believe that striving for a goal etc is honourable. But there must come time when I can say, "that's good enough", "I am satisfied with what I have achieved." Society don't like people like me. Many think that I am shortchanging myself by not pushing all the way. That's the sad part of life in today's society. We have lost sight of life. It's the process and not that achievement. If I enjoyed the process and totally satisfied with what I have learnt or gained, then that's good enough for me. Do get your hands on a copy of this movie if you have not watched it. I am sure you will find something there which you can relate to.

  • A agree with you, teddy.

    This neverending quest for "perfection" is crazy and societal expectations are often discriminating. People don't give themselves enough credit and they take failures too hard.

    And like what you say, "Its the process and not the achievement".