Ring Ring... You've Got Yourself a New Job Today, I received a very important call from my boss. It is important since the next phase of my career will hinge on it. My boss just told me that my request for a transfer to another department has been approved. Having pretty mixed feelings about this, I am totally at a lost of what to feel. Having been in the same place for the last 5 years, I cannot deny that I am totally at ease with my colleagues, friends and network that I have built around me. Guess this is the one 'BIG' factor that is stopping me from whooping out in happiness. On the other hand, one part of me feels this sense of relief. The relief stems from the fact that I have had too good a life at my current post for too long. Any longer and I'd be too soft and rusty to take up a new challenge. Thus, I am quietly happy that I have the opportunity to move on and learn new stuff. As everything is still not confirmed, I will hang around in my current cheese station and relax a bit more. When the time comes, the track shoes will come on, and it's time to start running again. Here's something that I just drew on my pda's notepad. It reflects what I feel about this whole thing. 'Lost'.

  • As your significant other, I'm really happy for you that you have this chance to learn new things and develop yourself professionally. It's a good thing in many ways.

    As for whatever that is making you feel reluctant to move, I can totally understand what you're going through. Just don't give those thoughts too much weight in your own mind. Any new job in its initial stage takes time and effort to adjust to... I know you can do it.

  • Nice abstract art by the way. :)

  • Thanks dear. I know I can always count on you.

  • Don't worry! I'm sure you can carve out a good career for yourself at your new workplace. I'm happy that you have finally managed to get this new job and that you have this chance to further develop yourself professionally as well. Trust me, such moves are mostly for the better.

    On a different note, decided not to put in a counter, it sounds awfully troublesome and I quite like my new blog skin too. I'll still try to improve on it though...wanna add more things about myself on the right hand side.

  • Thanks for the encouragement. I am sure it is for the better. Who knows, I might learn enough stuff at the new place to move out of my system totally in the future.

    It's not that difficult to add the counter. Having is good cos if helps you to track who's reading your blog etc. But if you have already decided, then that's that. IT's your blog and you can do anything with it. That's the beauty of blogging.