Mydaemon's Granny's Birthday Bash Another year has passed. And it's the time for the great gathering of Mydaemon's relatives for the annual birthday celebration for her Granny. Frankly speaking, despite being the 'Extravert', I don't really usher in this event with much anticipation. Don't get me wrong. Mydaemon's granny is a nice old lady, so I'd be more than happy to celebrate her birthday with her. What I dislike is the networking part. Today's topic centred around the NKF saga. One of Mydaemon's uncle-in-law was so fixated with this development. T T Durai, Mrs Goh Chok Tong, and the venerable NKF became fodder for much bashing and dissection. All this talk made me wonder if this uncle had been a regular donor with the charity. The other issue that kept popping up was that of our house. Everyone in Mydaemon's family suddenly seemed to be on the look out for our house. Their field reports suggested that our house could only be ready by 1Q next year. Hmmmm, since when did they become experts in the construction industry. Others chipped in in analysing the property market, blah, blah, blah. It wasn't that great a feeling to have to put up a friendly face and answer all the questions when one just wants to be alone and enjoy the makan. Talking about makan, here's some shots of the food we had there. Picture quality is as grainy as ever cos it is taken with my trusty K700i. Here's a shot of my hand holding a piece of rose syrup jelly at Mydaemon's place just before we went for the buffet lunch birthday celebration. Her mum sure makes the nicest jelly! Here's our ang bao for "Ah Ma". Wishing her longevity and happiness. T T Durai's face on today's Straits Time. An issue that was discussed with much passion before lunch. Food! Glorious food! There's fried prawns, braised, fried cod, sea cucumber, shark's fin soup, fried hokkien mee and rice. Not to mention, there's desserts too! Here's the perennial favourite. The longevity bun. Wonder if it can be eaten. Have seen it for the last 4 years, and I am still wondering now. Perhaps, I will pinch it next year. :D

  • Such lovely pictures! Hehe, you make me wish I'd bought a camera phone too. :) Anyway the Shou Tao can be eaten! You should have expressed your 'interest' in it earlier. I'm sure my aunt would have given you a big piece to try. It's just lotus seed paste inside, I think. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the food today.

  • You can use my digital cam. But the problem is that you'd have to lug it around.

    Suspected as much that the Shou Tao is filled with lotus paste. But it is so HUGE! Think I will make do with the mini ones and let your granny enjoy the big one. :)

  • See what I mean by you too being similar? Both of you just simply 'deplore' networking! *haaa*

  • Hmmm.... did I deplore networking in my uni days?