Super Long Weekend The upcoming weekend cum holidays is the 'Big One' for all employees in Singapore. Its akin to striking the top prize for ToTo in terms of a 'super long weekend' draw-edition. The upcoming weekend will most likely be felt most keenly by working adults. I have excluded students here since they are already in the process of slowing down their engines and gearing up for their even longer year-end holidays. So, what will this long weekend hold for me? Well, I will be effectively free for 6 days as I have taken leave on Monday and Wednesday. No office 'visitation' for me till next Friday! It's a huge relief since life in office is getting really drab and highly demoralising. Think I am suffering from some sort of professional depression. Making it worst is that Mydaemon is out of office this entire week. Really miss her company. Thankfully, this depression ends at 6pm when I leave office. No point carrying that burden past office hours. Life's much more than work. Anyway, I am really glad to have the opportunity of recharging my almost flat batteries before going back to the daily grind or boredom in office. Well, to kick off the long break, I will celebrate my 31st birthday over the weekend. No party or expensive dinner for me. At most, I will just have a nice quiet dinner with Mydaemon at some restaurant tucked away in town. Just the two of us enjoying each other's company. As for the other 5 days, I hope to do doing some shopping as pre-Christmas sales are starting for several stores. A good time to buy some big budget items and save a couple of hundreds to spend on even more stuff. On my list are, a bed, bed stand, crockery, cutlery, electronics and various appliances. Hope to find some real gems in the sales. Wish me luck! Apart from shopping, I foresee myself putting in some serious time playing Black & White 2. Can't wait to develop my civilisation and unlock the Tiger divine pet. Looks like my new PC will be working overtime in the next few days. In case my gaming takes away too much time from spending time with Mydaemon, let me say that I am prepared to drop the game any time if she wants me to do something with her. Although I have to say that'd be somewhat difficult, but spending time with her is more important that playing god to some electronic signals. Think Mr Brown did a good job of explaining this conundrum, in his 'All hail the super long weekend' article, between family and gaming. Guess I will go through that phase some time in the future. It's another 6hrs 45mins to go before the official start to the weekend. This is one of those moments when I wish time would just move faster. To all my friends out there, have a super duper long weekend. See you guys next week!