The Shuttle has landed! Damn!!! I lost the entire post for this at least 4 times! Too tired to retype everthing again. Anyway, here's the new PC which Mydaemon and I bought over the weekend. Cool ain't it? Btw, it's called the Shuttle SN25P. Looking forward to the hours of gaming on it.

  • Your PC looks cool...sorry for being an idiot...so where is the monitor? My laptop just died so we are thinking of getting an IBook(Apple) soon. Broke man!

  • Nah, you ain't no idiot lah. Basically, the Shuttle SN25P is a barebone, small form factor PC.

    Barebone in that the base system contains only the casing and chipset aka motherboard. We had to add in the RAM, hard disk, DVD drives etc.

    Small form factor means that it is really small. Our system is around say 30% of the normal PC size. It is also called a 'shoebox' PC.

    Naturally, such systems do not come with a monitor nor keyboard etc. The PC costs us $2,000. I know it sounds damn expensive. But that's the price for keeping things really small. Anyway, it is an AMD Athlon 3000+ based gaming PC. So, it is a system more powerful and faster than the Pentium 4s we see in the market today. So, I would consider the price quite reasonable.

    Who knows, we might even use it as a media centre PC in the living room since it will look cool anywhere. :)

    Wah, ibook! That's so cool. But for that price, why don't you consider Sony's VAIO. I think the range is pretty good too. But the price is $3K plus. Quite steep lah. Well, you can always use the baby bonus on your new laptop. Do show me your new laptop in your blog when you get it.

  • I got my ibook liao!

  • Great! Enjoy the experience of OS Tiger(?). Heard that Apple's OS is really good. :)