Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New Year to ALL!!! Have been bogged down with wedding and housing stuff. Reserve energy was used up dragging myself to bed every night. Thus explaining the paucity of musings here over the last week or so. Despite the exhausting schedule, I am one happy Fieldmarshal. Cannot deny that there were times when the darkest of overcast skies couldn't compare to the colour on my face. But the process of planning and the wedding and doing up the house has been fun. As 2005 winds down to an end, 2006 promises to be the year which marks the definitive change in my life. Perhaps the greatest change would be my marriage followed by moving to my very own place. For me, leaving one's parent's home is a bittersweet moment. The symbolic act of leaving the home where I grew up marks the true initiation to adulthood. It means that I am on my own, I am the master of the household. No longer do I defer to my parents for decisions regarding household issues. On the other hand, I feel sad that it marks an end, although it could be temporary, to sharing the same roof with my parents who went through so much to bring my up. So, it is a mixed feeling type of event for me. In my professional life, 2006 also marks the end of an era and the beginning of another. Yes, news has finally reached me that I will be packing my bags for greener pastures in another department within my organisation. Grass always look somewhat greener over the fence, I just hope the green looking grass ain't choked with green colour weeds and nasties like snakes and spiders. Yes, pessimistic old me. But I definitely need the change snakes or no snakes. Just have to arm myself with some sulphur and an attitude to boot when I move over. Show them who's the real Fieldmarshal. Looking back at the past year, a sense of nostalgia, without fail, rises up in me. Not sure if this nostalgic feeling is an extension from my fear of getting old, but I feel sad everytime I close a chapter of my life with the passage of a year. On hindsight, I realised that I looked forward to growing up when I was young. Guess my young mind was too immature to comprehend the value of time then. Now I wish that time will move slower. Fanciful wishes aside, I think I will need to be more alive to taste life to its fullest. So, my first resolution for 2006 is to experience life for what it is, and not from the perspective of the sofa. To all my friends and fellow bloggers... MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

  • Life is like looking through a
    kaleidoscope most times. We see many changes which invokes such colourful emotions. Some dark. Some bright. Some alluring. Some dreadful.

    The end of year is always a time of reflections. Of lost time and regrets. Of satisfying achievements and beautiful memories. Mostly poignant. Yet the coming new year does bring about new hopes and pleasant surprises.

    Here's wishing u a peaceful yuletide and a brillant and meaningful 2006!

  • Well said. :)

    Thanks for the well wishes. I am already looking forward to the coming year. Although I am so busy that I have almost lost track of the dates.

    Here's wishing you and your family a happy and blessed 2006.

    Cheers!